Points to note about inputs
- If you want to connect 2 or more sources (e.g. voice + synth + guitar), it is important to note that Jamulus currently handles only 2 input channels (L/R). So the hardware being used must provide a mixed-down stereo output to Jamulus. Alternatively, run two instances of Jamulus, if your hardware supports it, or use virtual audio inputs to Jamulus for each hardware input.
- Audio interfaces generally output a mixed signal on their analogue output, but separate signals (1 per source) on their digital output (USB/FireWire/Thunderbolt).
- Mixers generally only output mixed-down signals on their analogue output.
- Mixers with USB/FireWire/Thunderbolt generally output a mixed-down signal on their analogue output AND separate signals only (no mixed-down signal) on their digital output.
- A few Mixers with USB/FireWire/Thunderbolt will either send only a mixed-down signal to the digital output (small/budget mixers), or else also ADD a stereo mixed-down signal to the separate signals on the digital output.
(Thanks to pcar75 for this information)