Installation for macOS
Make sure you’ve already read the Getting Started page.
- Download Jamulus
macOS Sierra (10.12) or lower:Download legacy version
- Install Jamulus: Open the downloaded
.dmgfile, agree to the license, drag and drop the two icons you see in the window (Jamulus client and server) into your Applications folder. After that, you can close this window.
- Run Jamulus. Now you should be able to use Jamulus just like any other application. If you see a message which tells you that Jamulus can’t be opened because the developer can’t be verified, read on and have a look at the following section.
You can remove the folder in the Downloads directory containing the
.dmg and eject the “Jamulus” drive on your desktop. They are no longer needed.
“Jamulus” can’t be opened because the developer cannot be verified
The first time you try to double-click Jamulus to run it, you will probably see a message saying it cannot be opened. We don’t code-sign Jamulus yet (it’s quite expensive).
To open Jamulus
- Navigate to the Applications folder via Finder
- Double-click on Jamulus and wait for the above-mentioned message
- Close this message by clicking on “Cancel”
- Now control-click (or right-click) on Jamulus, and select “Open” from the top of the menu.
You will then get a slightly different version of the same message, which allows you to click “Open” and go ahead with running it. You will not be shown this warning again - just double-click it to run after that. For further information about this warning see this Apple Support Page.
Jamulus has been installed and can be used now. You can now take a look at the